Teacher for Accounts Date Added 12/04/2018
We are seeking for our Huddersfield based client a pro-active and highly motivated teacher who can teach accounts to local apprentices, to deliver training to learners in West Yorkshire and in return for your hard work and commitment, we can offer a competitive salary package, and excellent career development opportunities.
- To deliver (in a classroom environment) relevant competence and assess learners progress in Accounts Apprenticeship Framework/Standard including L4.
- To maintain a generated annual income of £78k pa with a minimum achievement of 75%.
- Prepare course work and compile relevant documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- To provide a high level of customer service and be a point of contact for Accounts Employers/Apprentices ensuring both Employer and Apprentice are fully engaged with the requirements of their Apprenticeship Framework/Standard.
- Ensuring timely progression through the apprenticeship by liaising with the apprentice and employer.
- To carry out progress reviews ensuring meaningful reflection of the Apprentices skills, behaviour and overall progress within their job role.
- Visiting/contact with employers/apprentices every 4/6 weeks providing on-going support by telephone and email to ensure learning and employment progress is on target for achievement.
- Ensuring the apprentice and employer are following the action set ensuring continued learning and successful career path.
- If Apprentices are at risk of untimely progression you will work closely with all parties to achieve an effective solution.
- Be responsible for the effective use of all resourcesUndertake reviews of learners as appropriate.
- Undertake additional duties commensurate with the level and salary step for the role.
Salary: Salary £26k pa (Plus bonus accessible in line with performance and increased achievement. Work place pension scheme and opportunity to purchase Private Healthcare. Immediate Life Assurance cover upon commencement).
Location: Huddersfield (+ potentially Leeds 1 day per week)
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday although p/t hours would be considered.
- To maintain all records in line with YH and YPLA/SFA procedures and requirements
- To maintain own Continuous Professional Development with the support of YH, ensuring that minimum training hours are met and recorded & to ensure knowledge and skills remain current and up to date
- Be aware of and adhere to Company Policies, practices & procedures as detailed in the Employee Handbook
Key Skills and Experience
- Vocational experience and knowledge
- Accounts NVQ Level 4 or equivalent
- A1 qualification advantageous
- PTLLS or Learning & Development Level III (or equivalent)
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with a broad range of people.
- Ability to work systematically and prioritise workload
- Demonstrate achievement of targets and working to deadlines
- Able to respond quickly to change
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Outgoing, friendly and confident character, with good perception and motivation
- Able to respond flexibly to the demands of the role.
- Be open to Personal Development and willing to undertake further training
- Fully committed to the development of individuals/businesses.
- Be comfortable with stand-up delivery
- Fully committed to financial probity
< Go back to latest jobs